Recently, I have been suffering from the effects of over-training and training injures. I feel exceptionally heavy. This is probably due in part from my complete lack of a monitored and proper diet. From a budoka prospective I'm completely mis-managing my training.

Proper diet and rest is a part of training, however I need to find a way to decrease my recovery time and better fuel my training. So far I have decided to take the following path towards smarter training.

I need to intake a bit of protien/carbs before training sessions. After training I need to intake fluids and rehydrate, studies have shown chocolate milk is actually the best to supply the body wih essential fats, protein, and carbs to fuel recovery. I also need to decrease the size of individual meals and extend them over the course of the day.

The final aspect is the most difficult to get which is amble sleep for recovery. With my current training and work schedule this is a bit difficult. I'm lucky if I get seven hours of sleep in a day. I need to rearrange my training schedule a bit and try to get eight hours after the days I have the most training.

To help with getting more sleep or deeper sleep I will begin to strech before I go to bed. This will hopefully align my muscles and joints properly and make for a deeper and more relaxed sleep.

I'll provide updates on this periodically.



Comments (0)