Success depends upon previous preparation, and without such preparation there is sure to be failure. (Confucius)

Recently, I have begun thinking about my training in the martial arts and life in general while living in Japan. I have found myself caught up in the winds of change. I've begun planning my next years goals and intend on caring them out as well as cataloging my experiences. In no way is this blog intended to become an official blog of the Bujinkan or of any other training, it is merely a blog of my personal journey, ideas for living the good life, the wisdom of my teachers, and my sempai.  This blog is primarily about the proper practice of budo, training of the mind/body connection, and living the good life. 

 

Types of articles one is expected to find on this blog:

  • Training regiment
  • Diet and Health
  • Inspirational quotes and wisdom (Japanese proverbs or famous sayings of the masters)
  • Budo stories and other Japanese tales or folk lore
  • Meditations/ Life hacks/ other reflections
  • Philosophical ramblings
  • Bits and pieces of training news from martial arts in Japan
  • Book reviews and interesting movies
  • Podcasts
  • A log of my personal training
  • Training insights
  • Detail charting of my progress updated weekly

I am not a master of the martial arts, nor am I anyone special. I merely intend to inspire others to begin refining their lives in their own way. I will keep a daily journal of my progress. Some aspects off next year's plan are underway, I will further refine my plan and list a detail outline January 1st, 2010.

Comments (0)